||Save the Children International
For over 90 years, Save the Children has been making a difference in children's lives in more than 120 countries. We are the world's largest independent child rights organisation, underpinned by a vision in a world in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation. Our mission to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
Save the Children is an organization for talented people with different backgrounds and perspectives. We are proud that our people are representative of the children we work with and we thrive on our diversity. We are an equal opportunity organization dedicated to our core values of Accountability, Ambition, and Collaboration. Creativity and Integrity. Our culture is embedded in these values, along with a strong commitment to our Child Safeguarding Protocol, ensuring that all representatives of Save the Children demonstrate the highest standards of behaviour towards children both in their private and professional lives.
As an employee, consultant, contractor or the supplier undertaking an activity on behalf of SCI (Somalia/Somaliland) Programme you are required to comply with the practice and principles as stated in Save the Children International Child Safeguarding Policy, both in the course of employment or in your private life. Actions undertaken solely, or engaged in by yourself, which seriously contravene the principles of this policy either in the course of employment or in your private life, may be considered to be gross misconduct, and may be subject to disciplinary action.
Our commitment to children’s rights means we have a commitment to safeguard children, especially those with whom we are in contact. The focus of the Child Safeguarding Protocol is to ensure that SCI and each Member takes all reasonable steps to make itself safe for children both as an organization and in the conduct of all aspects of its day to day operation of emergency, humanitarian, developmental, policy and campaigning work.
1- Accountant Galkio
Please refer the Below Job Descriptions for the positions description and the key selection criteria.
Accountant– Galkaio Office
TEAM/PROGRAMME: Support team, Puntland
POST TYPE: National
Level 2: either the role holder will have access to personal data about children and/or young people as part of their work; or they will be working in a ‘regulated’ position (accountant, barrister, solicitor, legal executive); therefore a police check will be required (at ‘standard’ level in the UK or equivalent in other countries).
To assist the Field Manager, Area finance team and Budget Holders in the operation of Save the Children computerized accounting systems including production of analytical reports.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Galkio Field Manager and Technically to the Area Finance and Awards Manager.
Dimensions: Save the Children works in 4 regions in Somalia with a current staff complement of approximately 450 staff.
Staff directly reporting to this post: Cashier – Galkaio Office
Internal: Finance Team, Budget Holders, Project & support staff, internal audit and Country Finance Unit
External: Tax Offices, External Auditors, Regulatory Bodies, Bank, Insurance, Suppliers, Transporters, partners
Key primary accountabilities
· Checking accuracy of data entry transactions entered by the Finance assistant.
· Check cash documents before they are paid out by the cashier.
· Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
· Ensure monthly financial diaries are strictly adhered to meet the Area, Country Office and HQ deadlines.
· Supervising and managing the Cashier from time to time. This includes but not limited to training the Cashier,provide technical guidance and monitor performance to ensure delivery of results according to plans and standards of accountability and performance
· Responsible for daily checking of vouchers prepared by the Cashier.
· Daily and monthly capturing of Cash, Bank and Float transactions in the Agresso Spreadsheets.
· The preparation Cash, Bank and Float reconciliations on monthly basis and more frequent if need arises.
· Checking all the supporting documents including the block grants. MoUs and financial returns from the partners.
· Work closely with the Programme staff in the preparation of budgets and monitoring reports and linking them to donor reporting formats.
· Assist the Puntland finance team in collecting cash requests to be sent to CO and follow up cash transfers to the country programme.
· Monitor cash balances and ensure that all journals are posted into the Agresso systems.
· Monthly preparation and submission of Management Financial Reports.
· Make sure that proper filling systems are put in place for audit trait.
· Comply with all relevant Save the Children policies and procedures with respect to health and safety, security, equal opportunities and other relevant policies.
· Support the project team to produce monthly, quarterly, midterm and final financial reports in line with donor and SCI requirements.
· Carry out the responsibilities of the role in a way which reflects Save the Children's commitment to safeguarding children in accordance to the Child Safeguarding Policy.
COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
Takes personal responsibility and holds others to account to deliver our ambitious goals for children, continually improving own performance or that of the team.
· Delivers timely and appropriate results using available resources
· Takes responsibility for their work and its impact on others
· Plans, prioritises and performs tasks well without needing direct supervision
· Understands the link between their work and the organisation’s objectivesand Adapting
· Problem Solvingand DecisionMakingApplyingTechnical andProfessionalExpertise
Apply the required technical and professional expertise to the highest standards; promotes and shares best practice within and outside the organization
ApplyingTechnical and Professional Expertise
· Delivers work that reflects a good knowledge and application of technical and professional standards
· Keeps up to date with trends in their work area
· Maintains ethical and professional behaviour in accordance with relevant codes of conducts
Working Effectively with Others
Works collaboratively to achieve shared goals and thrives on diversity of people and perspectives. Knows when to lead and when to follow and how to ensure effective cross-boundary working.
· Actively listens to new and different perspectives and experiences of those they work with
· Proactively supports team members and trusts their capabilities
· Demonstrates understanding of their skills and how they complement those of others within diverse teams and groups
· Clarifies their role and responsibilities within the team to maximise impact
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
· Minimum of Diploma or equivalent accounting qualification.
· Minimum 3 years similar work experience within a busy working environment
· Computer skills especially in Ms Excel, spread sheets, Ms Word and Accounting packages
· High level of integrity and ability to work as part of a professional team
· Ability and willingness to work under high pressure to meet tight deadlines
· Good communication and interpersonal skills
· Supportive personnel management style
· Good command of English written and spoken
Working knowledge of financial software and counting package
Code of Conduct
Because Save the Children’s work is based on deeply held values and principles, it is essential that our commitment to children’s right and humanitarian principles are supported and demonstrated by all members of staff. Save the Children’s code of conduct sets the standards which all staff members must adhere to.
CHILD SAFEGUARING POLICY:
Any employee, consultant, contractor or the supplier undertaking an activity on behalf of SCI must sign the Child Safeguarding – [Declaration of Acceptance Form] and comply with the SCI’s Child Safeguarding Policy which is a statement of SCI’s commitment to preventing abuse and protecting children with whom it comes into contact.
This extends not only to children with whom SCI and its partners work directly, but also includes children whom staffs are responsible for. SCI believes that the situation of children must be improved through the promotion of their rights supported and demonstrated by all members of staff. Save the Children International's Code of Conduct sets out the standards which all staff members must adhere to.
Date of issue: December 2015 Author : Area Finance Manager
Interested candidates are required to submit a CV and mandatory cover letter to email@example.com . Quoting the Job Title on the subject line.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Application closes on Tuesday 15th January 2015
We work with children, communities and governments all over the world and we believe in the right person for the job regardless of where you come from and how you identify yourself. We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to ensuring that only those who are suitable to work with children are considered for these posts. All successful applicants will therefore be required to complete a Child safeguarding Check and must sign onto our Child safeguarding Policy and organizational Code of Conduct.